KEEPING OUR CHILDREN SAFE
Keeping Our Children Safe
At Beaufort we take an active role, working with all our stakeholders, to ensure our children are safe every day at home, at school and online.
Safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment.
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development.
- Ensuring children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Child protection is a part of safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
Online Safety encompasses not only Internet technologies, but also electronic communications via mobile phones, games consoles and wireless technology. It highlights the need to educate children and young people about the benefits, risks and responsibilities of using information technology.
- Online Safety concerns safeguarding children and young people in the digital world.
- Online Safety emphasises learning to understand and use new technologies in a positive way.
- Online Safety is less about restriction and more about educating about the risks as well as the benefits, so we can feel confident online.
- Online Safety is concerned with supporting children and young people to develop safer online behaviours both in and out of school.
For further advice on keeping your child safe online, please see the following guidance sheet:
What we do
Our responsibilities and procedures are detailed in our Safeguarding and online safety policies which can be found on our policies page in this section. Both safeguarding and online safety are continuously audited and reviewed in line with national directives and advice, involving stakeholders.